PUFFING BILLY - A TIMELESS EXPERIENCE RETURNS
Source: Puffing Billy Railway
Puffing Billy Is Australia's Premier Preserved Steam Railway
The journey aboard Puffing Billy takes you through the magnificent Dandenong Ranges on Australia's premier preserved steam rail. Almost every Melburnian has a special memory on board Puffing Billy, chugging through the forest, rolling hills, across the iconic timber trestle bridges and open farmland with legs hanging over the side on the original mountain track between Belgrave and Gembrook.
After a short temporary suspension of this much-loved activity, Puffing Billy Railway is thrilled to bring back the time-honoured tradition of passengers sitting on the open-side carriage sills.
Source: Puffing Billy
How To Get There
Puffing Billy is located in the Dandenong Ranges, only 40 kilometres or one hour east of Melbourne. Getting to the location is accessible by car or on public transport.
- By car: Getting to us is accessible by car via the Eastern Freeway/Eastlink or Monash Freeway.
- By public transport:
- METRO TRAIN | Belgrave line from Melbourne CBD to Belgrave Station, an approximately 70-minute journey.
- BUS | 693 Oakleigh to Belgrave bus service via Ferntree Gully & Brandon Park, approximately an hour and ten-minute journey. This service stops at Metro's Belgrave Station.
Food and Drink
After a day at Puffing Billy, If you are craving Indonesian Cuisine, BINTANG INDO CUISINE is the best choice for Indo cuisine food lovers. The location is in Bayswater area, which takes you 20 mins driving from the Puffing Billy to the Restaurant.
You will get 10% discount on the pre-paid voucher by purchasing via Wilh-ma website. The Bintang family aims to spread its love for Indonesian food, hoping that you will all fall in love with it too! If you have not already, come and grab a taste of Bintang Indo food, we promise you will not regret it!
- Address: 75 Stud Rd, Bayswater VIC 3153
- Menu: https://www.bintangindocuisine.com.au